I’m drawn to quotes about writing. Here are ten of my favorites:
1. “There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.” ~ W. Somerset Maugham
2. “Be obscure clearly.” ~ E. B. White
3. “I do not like to write. I like to have written.” ~ Gloria Steinem
4. “Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.” ~ Gene Fowler
5. “When you take stuff from one writer, it’s plagiarism but when you take it from many writers, it’s research.” ~ Wilson Mizner
6. “Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted.” ~ Jules Renard
7. “Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.” ~ Author Unknown
8. “History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.” ~ Winston Churchill
9. “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” ~ Douglas Adams
10. “If you don’t have the time to read, you don’t have the time or the tools to write.” ~ Stephen King
Got any favorites you think I should add? Please let me know.
Please subscribe to my Author Newsletter by placing your first name and your email address in the space provided on the right.
My best to you,
Bonus quote: “Strong nouns. Strong verbs. Kick descriptors to the curb.” ~ Me